Stephen Colbert says CBS banned him from airing this James Talarico interview

the late show Host Stephen Colbert says CBS has blocked him from airing an interview with Democratic Representative James Tallarico of Texas. During his opening monologue on Monday night, Colbert says the network’s lawyers told him “in no uncertain terms” that he couldn’t have Tallarico on the show, forcing him to post the interview on YouTube, just hours after the news broke that Anderson Cooper was leaving his position at the network. 60 minutes Correspondent.

“He [Talarico] Colbert says, “We were supposed to be here, but our network lawyers, who called us directly, told us in no uncertain terms that we could not put him on the air.” “I was then told in no uncertain terms that not only could I not include him, but I also could not have him on the air.”

CBS spokesman Phil Gonzales provided The Verge The same statement claimed that Colbert was not prevented from airing the interview. Diversity and other outlets, but declined to disclose it by name per The Verge’s Background policy. When asked about the name, Gonzales wrote, “Respectfully, you do not need to use the statement. We will keep this in mind the next time we respond.” [sic]”

As noted deadlineNews interviews have long been exempt from this rule, talk shows also appear to be included under this umbrella. But in January, FCC Chairman Brendan Carr issued new guidance suggesting that late-night and daytime talk shows should also follow the rule. “If you are fake news, you will not be eligible for the real news exemption,” Carr said at the time.

Colbert says Carr “has not yet removed” the waiver, but CBS is “unilaterally enforcing it as if he had done so.” Last year, Paramount appointed The Free Press Founder Bari Weiss as editor-in-chief of CBS News. “Let’s just call it what it is. Donald Trump’s administration wants to silence anyone who says anything bad about Trump on TV.”

Update, February 17: Added details regarding CBS’s statement.



<a href

Leave a Comment