Russian strikes on Kyiv kill three as Ukraine envoys travel to US for talks | Russia-Ukraine war News


Officials said two people were killed in the attacks on the capital and a woman was killed in a combined missile and drone attack on the wider Kiev area.

Russian drone and missile strikes in and around the Ukrainian capital Kiev have killed at least three people and wounded dozens of others, officials said, as Ukrainian representatives traveled to the United States for fresh talks to end the war.

“Russia fired dozens of cruise and ballistic missiles and more than 500 drones at ordinary homes, the energy grid and critical infrastructure,” Foreign Minister Andrey Syabizha wrote on Saturday.

Recommended Stories

4 item listend of list

He said, “While everyone is discussing the points of peace plans, Russia continues to work on its ‘war plan’ of two points: kill and destroy.”

The Kyiv City Military Administration said two people were killed in the attacks on the Kyiv capital. One woman was killed and eight people were injured in a combined missile and drone attack on the wider Kiev area, according to regional police.

Vehicles burn after being damaged during a Russian missile and drone attack on Kiev, amid Russia's attack on Ukraine on November 29, 2025. Reuters/Valentin Ogirenko
Vehicles burn after being damaged during a Russian missile and drone strike on Kiev, amid Russia’s attack on Ukraine, November 29, 2025 (Valentin Ogirenko/Reuters)

Mayor Vitaliy Klitschko said 29 people were injured in Kiev, adding that debris falling from the intercepted Russian drone hit residential buildings. He also said that power has ended in the western part of Kiev.

The head of Kiev’s military administration, Timur Tkachenko, said in a social media post that a 42-year-old man was killed by a drone, while the man’s 10-year-old son was taken to hospital with “burns and other injuries”.

“The world should know that Russia is targeting entire families,” Tkachenko said, adding that her son is the only child among those injured so far.

Following the attacks on Kiev, EU Ambassador Katerina Mathernova expressed doubt over Russia’s alleged interest in a peace deal.

“While the world is discussing a possible peace agreement, Moscow responds with missiles, not diplomacy,” Maternova said in a post on X.

Ukraine team leaves for America

On the diplomatic front, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said his negotiators have left for Washington to seek an “honorable peace” and an early end to the Russia-initiated war in 2022.

Zelensky is under increasing pressure from Washington to agree to a US proposal to end the war, which critics say favors Moscow.

The Ukrainian team is being led by former defense chief Rustam Umerov following the resignation of its chief of staff Andriy Yermak on Friday amid a corruption investigation.

“The task is clear: to act rapidly and concretely on the steps necessary to end the war,” he posted on Twitter.

“Ukraine continues to work with the United States as constructively as possible, and we hope that the results of the meetings in Geneva will now be borne out in the United States.”

At Kiev’s insistence, US President Donald Trump’s initial 28-point plan to end the war was revised during talks with European and US officials in Geneva. However, many controversial issues remain unresolved.

attack on the black sea

Separately on Saturday, an SBU security service official said Ukraine had shot down two tankers used by Russia to export oil in the Black Sea with a maritime drone, bypassing Western sanctions.

The official told Reuters news agency on condition of anonymity that the joint operation to attack the so-called “shadow fleet” ships was carried out by the SBU and Ukraine’s navy.

Turkish authorities said explosions aboard two shadow fleet tankers near the Bosphorus Strait off Turkiye on Friday set the ships ablaze and launched a rescue operation for those aboard.

This video, taken from images released by the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) on November 29, 2025, shows smoke rising from a cargo ship on fire in the Black Sea off the Turkish coast, amid the ongoing Russian-Ukrainian conflict.
This video, taken from photos released by the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), shows smoke rising from a cargo ship on fire in the Black Sea off the Turkish coast, amid the ongoing Russian-Ukrainian conflict (AFP).

The SBU official said both tankers – identified as Kairos and Viraat – were empty and headed towards the port of Novorossiysk, a major Russian oil terminal.

“Video (footage) shows that after the collision, both tankers suffered severe damage and were effectively taken out of service. This will deal a major blow to Russian oil transportation,” the official said. He did not say when the attacks occurred.

Ukraine has consistently called for tougher international measures over Russia’s “shadow fleet”, which it says is helping Moscow export large amounts of oil and finance the war in Ukraine despite Western sanctions.





<a href

Leave a Comment