Major Israeli offensives have also destroyed roads, water networks and private property.
Israeli forces have injured more than 200 Palestinians in a raid on the West Bank governorate of Tubas, as a major offensive that began on northern parts of the occupied territory on Wednesday continues to cause widespread destruction.
The Palestinian Red Crescent Society (PRCS) told Al Jazeera that 78 people injured in Israeli attacks on Tubas since Wednesday require hospital treatment.
Recommended Stories
list of 3 itemsend of list
After withdrawing from Tammun and Fara refugee camps on Friday, Israeli troops have focused raids on the city of Tubas, as well as the nearby villages of Aqaba and Taysir.
Local officials said Israeli forces had detained about 200 Palestinians over the past four days. Most were interrogated on the spot and let go, but at least eight were arrested and taken to Israeli military prisons.
At least nine Palestinians were detained in other military raids in Qalqilya, Jenin and Nablus. Wafa news agency quoted local sources as saying on Saturday that two children and a woman were among five people arrested at dawn in Qalqilya.
Violent raids by Israeli troops and attacks by armed settlers have increased since October 2023, with an average of 47 army incursions per day in the occupied West Bank in November.
The mayor of Tammun told Al Jazeera that dozens of raids had been carried out in the city of Tubas governorate over the past few years, but this week’s raid was the worst in terms of scale, destruction and violence.
He said more than 1.5 km (one mile) of roads had been destroyed, water networks destroyed, private property destroyed and people severely beaten, repeating the pattern of other major Israeli military attacks in the occupied West Bank.
In the Jenin refugee camp, where Israeli troops are advancing in a major offensive launched in January, Israeli bulldozers are making way for at least 23 more Palestinian homes to be demolished.
This comes days after they issued a notice claiming that the demolition was necessary to ensure “freedom of movement” for Israeli forces within the camp – even though the area is largely empty as most families have been displaced.
The condemned buildings were home to 340 Palestinians. Only 47 of them, mostly women, were allowed to retrieve their belongings on Thursday.
A member of the Jenin refugee camp service committee told Al Jazeera that residents were given two hours to collect possessions, and some could not even recognize their homes due to the level of destruction following the Israeli attack.
Palestinian Islamic Jihad’s armed wing said on Friday that its fighters carried out several attacks on Israeli soldiers during raids in Jenin and Tubas.
The group said its fighters in Tubas targeted an Israeli foot patrol with an antipersonnel explosive device in the Wadi al-Tayesir area. It said fighters detonated explosives against Israeli military vehicles in the al-Ziyaoud and al-Bir areas of Silat al-Harithiya city of Jenin.
Since October 2023, Israeli troops have killed at least 1,086 Palestinians in the occupied West Bank, including 223 children. At least 251 people died in 2025.
At least 10,662 Palestinians have also been injured since the start of Israel’s war on Gaza, of whom more than 20,500 have been detained. As of early November, there were 9,204 Palestinians in Israeli prisons, of whom 3,368 are detained without charge.
Palestinian deaths in the custody of both the Israeli military and Israel Prison Service have also increased, with at least 94 deaths recorded since October 2023.
<a href